"Dedicated to providing and developing the best officials for the game of Lacrosse."
1. Who is the San Diego County Officials Lacrosse Association? We are an organization that trains, develops and provides Lacrosse Officials for San Diego County.
2. How far do you travel? We are responsible for all areas of San Diego County. Effort is made to assign Officials to fields close to work or home.
3. How do I become anOfficial? Pay your dues. Attend our training sessions (visit our training page) and earn while you learn.
4. What do my dues include? Your dues cover your training, liability insurance, membership into US Lacrosse, a rule book and attendance at our end of the year banquet.
5. What other fees are there? You are responsible for your uniform, travel expenses and per game assignment fees. ($2-$5 per game-based on level).
6. How much do I get paid? 2015 Beginning officials get paid approximately:
Varsity High School: $78 (Referee), $70 (Umpire)
Junior Varsity High School: $65 (Referee) $57 (Umpire)
Middle School: $54 for a Middle School game. (Fees go up based on experience).
7. Do I have to attend meetings and take a test? Yes, we have mandatory training sessions that prepare us for the mandatory certification test. We have four classroom meetings per year and 2-4 'on field' training sessions per year.